Temple B’nai Sholom is a historic synagogue located in downtown Huntsville. Temple B’nai Sholom is the oldest synagogue in Alabama in continuous use. The congregation B’nai Sholom, or “Sons of Peace”, was founded in 1876 by 32 families, with the current building dedicated on November 26, 1899. In 1975 a full-scale renovation of the sanctuary was undertaken and was completed in time for the congregation’s centennial celebration. Today Temple B’nai Sholom is home to the Huntsville Jewish Heritage Center.